EDDM Terms & Conditions
This Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (this "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you ("You" or "Your" or "User" or "Mailer") and the United States Postal Service®, an Independent Establishment of the Executive Branch of the United States Federal Government ("USPS®" or "Postal Service™"). The Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions for Your use of the Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and the Every Door Direct Mail® service as well as the Online Interface (with specific terms below for the Online Interface). This Agreement is concluded between You and USPS only, and USPS is solely responsible for the services, content and materials provided through the Online Interface. You and USPS may be referred to individually as a ("Party") and together as the ("Parties"). User acknowledges and agrees that he, she or the entity User has accepted the Agreement and is solely responsible for and shall abide by these Terms and Conditions of Use as well as all policies, procedures and regulations of the United States Postal Service® when using the Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® service utilizing the Online Interface.
USPS® Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® are services offered by the United States Postal Service ("USPS" or "Postal Service") that allow mailers to target 100% saturation of carrier routes within ZIP Codes™ without specific names and addresses on the mailpieces. Mailpieces are delivered with the day's mail to the target areas selected by the mailer. You agree to abide by all applicable Postal Service rules and regulations when using USPS® Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® services, which include but are not limited to rules found in the Domestic Mail Manual or DMM®. Information regarding the Domestic Mail Manual and Every Door Direct Mail® generally can be found at: https://www.usps.com/business/every-door-direct-mail.htm. In the event of a conflict between USPS web site information and the Domestic Mail Manual information, the Domestic Mail Manual will control. Consult with Your local Postmaster for any questions regarding mailing or to review the Domestic Mail Manual, the International Mail Manual (IMM®), or other applicable Postal Service rules or regulations.
Privacy & Data Provided by You
of Online Interface
The Online Interface is a web-based application that allows Users to map routes and receive pricing information related to the USPS® Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® services. An Internet connection is required for requesting and receiving data from USPS, which may include but not be limited to route information, maps, pricing information as well as payment mechanisms and options. User agrees interaction with the Online Interface is for the sole purpose to facilitate use of the USPS® Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® services.
Pay Online through USPS.com® for Every Door Direct Mail - Retail (ONLY)
- Pay through a secure Online payment. All the information is encrypted and transmitted securely.
- Online customers may only pay for up to 5,000 pieces per day per 5-digit ZIP Code with a credit card. The approved Retail Indicia must be on each mailpiece.
- Every Door Direct Mail - Retail products cannot be purchased in conjunction with other products on USPS.com® under the same transaction.
- Pay Online and induct Your Every Door Direct Mail - Retail at the designated local Post Office.
Pay at Retail
- Post Offices accept the following forms of payment: Cash, Debit Card, Credit Card, Check (made out to "Postmaster" or "Postal Service"), Money Order (made out to "Postmaster" or "Postal Service") or Meter Strip. The approved Retail Indicia must be on each mailpiece, Mailing Permit Imprints will not be accepted at Retail.
- Retail customers may only induct 5,000 or fewer pieces of mail per ZIP Code™, per day.
- Pay at Retail and induct Your Every Door Direct Mail - Retail at the designated local Post Office.
Pay by Permit
- USPS Standard Mail® permits must be used to pay for Every Door Direct Mail orders entered at the BMEU. Credit card payments will not be accepted for mailings with a Mailing Permit Imprint.
- USPS Standard Mail® permits are not accepted for any Every Door Direct Mail - Retail transactions.
- Every Door Direct Mail orders must consist of at least 200 mailpieces.
- Other charges may apply.
- Pay by Permit and induct Your Every Door Direct Mail at the designated BMEU.
- In order to apply nonprofit pricing when using the online tool for induction at a designated BMEU, Your nonprofit authorization must be tied to the Customer Registration Identifier within the online tool.
Every Door Direct Mail - Retail mailings are eligible for refunds only when the following requirements are met:
- USPS systems do not indicate any barcode scan events for the Every Door Direct Mail - Retail mailing, and there is no other evidence that the mailing has been delivered.
- USPS systems do not indicate that a refund has been previously requested or processed for the Every Door Direct Mail - Retail mailing.
For Every Door Direct Mail - Retail mailings purchased at a Post Office, refunds can only be provided at the Post Office of Mailing where the purchase occurred.
For Every Door Direct Mail - Retail mailings purchased online, refunds can only be provided by navigating to the order history and clicking on the Refund button located in the order details.
- USPS systems indicate that the purchase was paid online.
- Customers can request a refund by Post Office drop-off location for an order or for the total order amount.
- Refund requests will be reviewed daily.
- For all requests, customers will receive an email with the status of the request and the details.
- The refund will be credited back to the credit/debit card used for the original purchase within 30 days.
- Mailings are eligible for refunds up to 30 days from the expected Drop-Off date chosen by the mailer as indicated on the confirmation page.
Mailings Paid by Permit Imprint
Every Door Direct Mail refunds are only provided through the BMEU associated with the permit used to pay for the mailing with a completed PS 3533 form only when there is proof that the mailing was not delivered.
Property - License Grant and Restrictions
The USPS® Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® services as well as the Online Interface provided to You by the USPS are solely for Mailer's use. Mailer may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, Online Interface code, products, or services obtained from the Online Interface or through reverse engineering of the Online Interface. Material provided by the service is the copyrighted and/or trademarked property of the United States Postal Service, or is provided to You under license to the USPS from a third-party provider, all rights reserved. The information, underlying Online Interface code and images presented within the Online Interface may not under any circumstances be reproduced or used without the express written permission of the Postal Service, and You will need written permission from the Postal Service to reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, publicly display or create any derivative works using any materials obtained from the Online Interface.
The Online Interface, and any Postal Service trademarks (the "USPS Marks") and data included therein are the intellectual property of USPS protected under U.S. copyright and trademark laws. User acknowledges that USPS owns all right, title and interest in and to the Online Interface and any marks or data included therein except for material provided by third-parties under license to the USPS, and that User owns none and has no rights to the materials therein. Except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, User shall not use, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, modify, or reverse engineer, or sell any information obtained from the Online Interface or any USPS Marks or data included therein.
Use of any USPS Marks or USPS Copyrighted material provided through the Online Interface requires a separate license from the Postal Service, which may obtained through USPS Rights and Permissions at http://about.usps.com/doing-business/rights-permissions/welcome.htm.
You agree that You will not:
- use the Online Interface to reproduce copyrighted materials;
- copy, store, edit, change, prepare any derivative work of or alter in any way any of the information provided through the Online Interface except for uses related to User's mailing and purchase of USPS products and services;
- make any attempt to circumvent the technological measure(s) that controls access to or use of the Online Interface, data, and documentation, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this restriction;
- provide Your password, if required by the Online Interface to any other person or entity;
- translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create derivative works based on the Online Interface, or use any form of device, software, web bug or spider to compile or glean data or maps provided by the Online Interface;
- circumvent any technology used by the USPS to protect content accessible via the Online Interface;
- unbundle individual or component parts of the Online Interface's code or data for independent use;
- rent, lease or sublicense any of the information provided through the Online Interface;
- use the USPS® Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® service or Online Interface in any way that violates the terms of this Agreement;
- use stand-alone reports or maps created from the software or data for anything other than User's internal purposes; or
- Sell reports, maps created from through the Online Interface or data, or use any component, maps or data for any other purpose other than to effectuate User's use of the USPS® Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® services.
You may access the Online Interface, data, and documentation only through official USPS websites. As between You and USPS, You acknowledge that USPS owns or has a license to all title and copyrights in and to the Online Interface. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content in or accessible by the Online Interface is the property of the respective content owner (whether the USPS or a licensor to the USPS) and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties and subject to use restrictions under such laws or treaties.
The Online Interface contains the trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos of the USPS and may contain third-party trademarks, copyrights service marks, graphics, and logos. You are not granted any right or license with respect to such USPS Marks or copyrights or the trademarks or copyrights of any third party.
The Online Interface may contain demographic data for routes displayed, which is provided solely for informational purposes and for Your convenience. You acknowledge that some demographic data provided through the Online Interface is provided by the United States Census Bureau based on past Census reports. The USPS neither guarantees that the demographic data is up-to-date or current nor assures that such information is accurate. The USPS does not guarantee the availability of such demographic data in all instances or on all routes. You acknowledge and agree that Your use of such demographic data is done at Your own risk, and the Postal Service shall have no liability for Your reliance on such information.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Online Interface may contain links to websites operated by parties other than the Postal Service. Such links, if any, are provided solely for User's convenience. The Postal Service does not control such third-party websites and is not responsible for the contents of such sites. The Postal Service's inclusion, if any, of links to such third-party websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites or any association with their operators. When linking to such third-party websites, the Postal Service follows web-linking and exit page guidelines as set forth in USPS Management Instruction AS-610-2007-4 or successor Management Instructions related to web linking. The Postal Service does not monitor websites linked to by User, and the use of any such links is performed strictly at the User's own risk. In no event shall the Postal Service be liable for special or consequential damages that result from activity occurring on non-Postal Service websites when a User links to such site from the online interface.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
In any instance where User contacts the Postal Service regarding the Online Interface, User grants the Postal Service permission to use any information, suggestions, ideas, drawings or concepts communicated for any purpose by You to the Postal Service in any manner that the Postal Service chooses, commercial, public or otherwise, without compensation whatsoever. User agrees and acknowledges that all content found within the Online Interface, whether provided by the Postal Service, third-parties or from User, to the fullest extent permitted by law and under contract, shall be or become the property of the United States Postal Service with no restrictions in use, whether commercial or otherwise.
The USPS® Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® service and the Online Interface provided to Mailer may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. The Postal Service and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes to this the USPS® Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® service or the Online Interface at any time.
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, will USPS be liable for special or consequential damages that result from the use of the Online Interface or inability to use the information received from USPS web servers. In no event shall USPS be liable to a user for any loss, damage or claim.
The Postal Service, in its sole and unreviewable discretion, reserves the right to deny any Mailer access to the USPS® Every Door Direct Mail - Retail® and Every Door Direct Mail® service and the Online Interface, without notice.
Use of this Online Interface is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. The Postal Service's performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of the Postal Service's right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to Your use of this Online Interface or information provided to or gathered by the Postal Service with respect to such use. If any part of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in effect.
You agree to defend (at USPS's discretion), indemnify and hold USPS harmless against any and all third-party claims, demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage, judgments, or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of Your use of the Online Interface as well as for any claims brought for the services purchased by User using the Online Interface.
Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create, either expressly or by implication, the power in either Party to bind the other. Neither Party shall be bound by the actions of the other Party. Nor shall the Parties be liable for the debts of the other. Furthermore, neither Party shall have a right to share in the profits of the other. This Agreement is not intended to be a joint venture, partnership, or other formal business organization, and neither Party is under any obligation to enter into any further agreement with or make any additional compensation to the other Party.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the User and the Postal Service with respect to this Online Interface and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the User and the Postal Service with respect to this Online Interface. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
You acknowledge and agree that You have read the entire Agreement above and You represent and warrant that You are authorized to accept this Agreement with the requisite corporate power to bind Your business to perform the obligations hereunder.
Updated May 20, 2015